Using Reshade to make your visuals tack sharp!

• I have very fickle eyes and need my visuals to be tack sharp, so I have been using Reshade to improve image quality in Aerofly FS2. It's only available on Nvidia GPUs. This tool is a kind of injector which allows you to add a variety of different shaders to add visual effects, such as sharpening, colour changes, HDR, etc.

I have attached some "before and after" images showing a crop from my screen before (no reshade active) and after (reshade activated with a variety of shaders). I am running the sim at max settings, 2560 x 1440.

Reshade can be found here: Reshade.

Before:

After:

Very noice!

• Hi AOB, click on the topmost photo and then use the directional arrows to quickly shift between each image. Your brain is wired to spot sudden change, so this should help you see the differences between the images. There are a lot of improvements across the entire image, including the colours too. It's night and day for me, but I do have an instinctive penchant for high visual acuity.

• Reshade is very useful & effective. Thanks for pointing it out !!

I've been trying depth-edge-detection-driven SMAA antialiasing & screen space ambient occlusion in combination with some Nvidia VR settings like Super sampling.

• Ya, I'd also like to know how well this works in VR with FS2 and xp11 (both Vulkan). Reading info on the Reshade website it seems to require higher GPU usage which may be ok since I seem to be mainly CPU bound (even with a i9 9900k at 5Ghz) and my gtx1080ti seems to have a lot of headroom. Thanks.

• It seems to me that the images looks more crisp with Reshade. Something for VR ?

Ya, I'd also like to know how well this works in VR with FS2 and xp11 (both Vulkan). Reading info on the Reshade website it seems to require higher GPU usage which may be ok since I seem to be mainly CPU bound (even with a i9 9900k at 5Ghz) and my gtx1080ti seems to have a lot of headroom. Thanks.

ReShade works well in VR in FS2, XP11, MSFS, DCS etc but yes it needs Maximum Headroom. Of course much depends on the scenery in which you're flying, the aircraft especially altitude & airspeed.

I'm flying around Oahu a real lot on maxed out 6 High End auto-batch file as well as maxed out everything in Nvidia settings & Reshade. The northern caldera that rises up from the Makaha shoreline is spectacular in the EC135 and it's no doubt very demanding on the GPU. I'm seeing around 50 FPS with the Reverb G2 every setting maxed.

• Reshade RTGi does not work in Aerofly because we cant turn of anti aliasing completely and Reshade is picking the wrong resolution. Check the "Depth of Field" and you will see there is no 3D normal map image.